Naomi Campbell, the missing Fashion Playing Cards

 

  • 1992, After Moda Magazine published my part of the fashion playing cards series, I decided to finish the complete deck of cards of 52 images.
  • I had Naomi Campbell in mind as the tease, I had made some beautiful shots of her backstage at a Gianni Versace Show.
  • I had in mind a few beautiful cards for her, but I had to get permission for publication from her agencies.

  • In 1993, all confirmations went through the fax system.

  • The Photo magazine publisher in the Netherlands, Focus, wanted the Deck of cards to be in shops before Christmas time. As I had not received an OK from the Naomi agencies, I decided sadly to go for alternatives.

  • While I was in Amsterdam, to finish the deck of cards, with the replacement for the Naomi Cards, there appeared to be a "kind of OK", on ​​a fax in my Milanese place.
  • Such a pity, but Naomi did not make it into the First Fashion Playcards Deck. But, 30 years after here is a little movie montage with the pictures!
Here is Naomi !!!


Click twice for playing



















Comments